Yoga — Connection of Soul to the Supreme Soul By Sally Dasouki
In the fast pacing world where everyone is involved in an unending race; people desire to achieve healthy mind and body. Yoga is an appropriate solution that provides instant gratification as well as lasting transformation. Look at few benefits of Yoga:
· Provides Flexibility- Different yoga positions have different benefits and works on the each joint in an effective way providing strength and flexibility to the muscles.
· Increases Lubrication of joints and ligaments- Seemingly unrelated “non strenuous” yoga positions act upon certain parts of the body in an interrelated manner. When done together, they work in harmony to create a situation where flexibility is attained relatively easily.
· Complete Detoxification-By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins from every nook and cranny as well as providing nourishment up to the last point. This leads to benefits such as delayed ageing, energy and a remarkable zest for life.
· Lower stress level-Yoga’s stress-busting powers may come from its ability to lessen the activity of proteins that are known to play a role in inflammation, according to a study published last year from University of California, Los Angeles researchers.
· Lower risk of heart Disease-As part of a healthy lifestyle, yoga may lower cardiovascular risk factors such as high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar, according to Harvard Health Publications.
· Helps increase focus- Your mind will be quieter and clutter-free it’s easier to direct the energy to where you want it to go. In yoga they say you develop one-pointedness concentration through practice. You train the mind to become aware and present. Research has shown that after a yoga class you are generally better able to focus your mental resources, process information more accurately and also learn, hold and update pieces of information more effectively.